Cloud computing carries some characteristic either it is a public, private, community or hybrid cloud when an enterprise starts to explore cloud provider, he must find the following characteristics.
5 Essential Characteristics of Cloud Computing
- Elasticity & Scalability: The cloud is elastic means resource allocation can be small or big depending on demand. If we consider scalability for cloud computing, you can decrease or increase the resources when necessary. The cloud provider has enough capacity to meet customer’s requirements.
- On Demand: Cloud resources are available when a user does need them and has control of user to ensure an absence of wastage and resources. The user can obtain, deploy, and configure cloud service without any assistance.
- Multi-tenant: Computer resources are shared to attend multiple consumers using a multi tenant model, but keeping in mind security concern, so one tenant will not be able to access other’s data.
- Measurement: Cloud service can be measured in terms of storage, bandwidth, and processing, active user accounts. Usage can be observed, checked, and reported transparently for both the consumer and the service provider.
- Pay per use: Cloud provider will charge only according to usage of clients like electricity bills, so users do not have to pay for the extra resources or unused resources.
Advantages of Cloud Computing
Cloud Computing furnishes a scalable environment that makes it potential to manage the increased work volume without affecting system performance. Cloud Computing advantages consider below advantages:
- Lower Capital cost: Organizations can offer services using significant resources from cloud service providers. With the addition and deletion of IT efforts organizations can meet the specific service demands while paying only for utilized service resources. It is a most cost effective technique to use, uphold, and upgrade. A single payment, pay as you go is some reasonable options that reduce company’s IT expense.
- Unlimited Storage: Cloud provides you enough space for your information and data. There is nothing to worry about insufficient space or augmenting current storage space.
- Easy Backup: All your data is stored in the cloud so backup and restoration of data becomes easy compare to storing data on a physical device. Cloud providers, mostly handle the data restore effortlessly.
- Software Integration: Software integration is much simpler that user does not need to take additional efforts to customize and integrate applications as per requirements. User can choose the suitable application as will fit for his enterprise.
- Deployment: Cloud carries quick deployment. Your whole system can be entirely functional in a few minutes when you choose a performance method. The amount of time it takes will depend on the technology that a user chooses.
- Collaboration: Through Cloud Computing, sharing and communication will become easy. If a user works on a single project can share files with employees, contractors, and third parties. User can choose a type of cloud service that makes easy for him to share documents and data across different locations.
Cloud Computing is a developing subject that is welcomed by most of enterprises across the world. Virtualization and simple sharing of Computing, low-priced, and fast internet access has made the Cloud Computing concept vigorous in the cyber world. Now enterprises are showing attention in public cloud for outsourcing to carry cost down and augment business quickness. Whatever in this white paper is discussed will be helpful to any IT individuals or organizations.