One of the things that makes Android much more successful than Apple’s iOS is its flexible and versatile nature. You get a hell lot more customization capabilities with Android than you’ll ever get with iPhone. With help those capabilities you can even get a lot of iPhone features and UI elements on your device. Emojis are also one of those elements.
Sometimes we just don’t like the default emojis provided our device manufacturer’s keyboard, which makes us search for better alternatives. In another situation, this search may also be powered by the desire of trying something new.
Now, whatever the case, there’s a good chance that when you go searching for a new set of emojis you would want to get started by trying the emojis of iPhone. The good thing is that it is completely possible to get them on Android, and here we’re going to tell you how to do that. We’re going to tell you about two methods that you can follow to get the iPhone emojis on your Android device. Let’s get started:
For Rooted Devices
If you are the user of a rooted Android smartphone, getting iPhone emojis is the easiest for you. The only thing that you need to do is following the steps outlined below:
- First of all download Emoji Switcher App from Play Store. This app requires a rooted Android smartphone to work, so download only if your device is rooted (otherwise skip to the method given in next section).
- Once you’ve downloaded and installed the Emoji Switcher App, launch it and grant the root access.
- Upon granting root access the app will ask you to select the set of emojis that you want to use. You can choose any of them – iOS 10 or iOS 10.2 both are nice. After selecting your preferred set of emojis tap the ‘Set’ button.
- The app will then download your selected set of emojis, and they’ll be installed.
- Upon successful installation you’ll be asked to reboot your phone, which you can do by tapping the reboot button of app. Do it and allow the installation process to complete. After reboot you’ll have iOS 10.2 emojis on your Android device.
That’s how you get iPhone emojis on a rooted Android device. Now let’s see how to get them on a device that is not rooted.
For Non-Rooted Devices
So you want to get your hands on iPhone emojis but don’t have your device rooted? Well, you’re not out of luck. There is a way to get iPhone emojis on Android devices that are not rooted, and here we’re going to share that method with you:
Changing device fonts
The method to get iPhone emojis on Android devices without root is to change the fonts of device. Every Android device comes with a default set of fonts, and fonts that are being used by you determine how emojis are shown in your device. Changing those fonts, as you can imagine, will also change the appearance of emojis. Let’s see how is it done:
- First of all keep in mind that only a few brands allow the fonts on their devices to be changed. Those brands include Samsung, HTC, Xiaomi and Huawei. If you have a device from any of these companies, you’ll most probably be able to change the fonts on it. Otherwise, the method may not necessarily work. To figure out whether it works or not go to the Settings of your phone and search for “font style”. If there’s an option called font style in your device settings then you’re good to go, otherwise this method won’t work.
- Now, if your phone allows changing the font style then the next step is to download Emoji Font 3 apk file from the link given here.
- After the download is finished, go to the Security Settings of your device and enable installation from ‘Unknown Sources’.
- Now open the downloaded apk file either directly from your browser or from the folder in which you had downloaded it. Upon opening you’ll be asked whether you want to install Emoji Font 3 or not, and you have to install it.
- Once you’ve installed Emoji Font 3, the next step is to select it as your phone’s font style. In order to do so you’ll have to find the same font style option in your phone settings which we searched in Step 1. So go to the Settings app, search for “Font Style” and tap the option when it appears in search results. This will bring you directly to the option.
- Now change your font style to Emoji Font 3 and save it.
- Finally, install Google Keyboard from Play Store and set it as the default input keyboard on your device.
And that’s it. Now you’ll have iPhone emojis on your Android device without any root – just use the emoji switcher button of Google keyboard to access them, and enjoy!
So these are the two methods to get iPhone emojis on your Android device. We told you about both root as well as no root methods that can be used to get iPhone-style emojis. Though the method of no root emojis is longer than the method for rooted devices, it’s the best way to get iPhone emojis for you if your device is not rooted already. I won’t recommend you to root your device solely for the purpose of getting iPhone emojis because it involves many risks. However, if you already have a rooted device then you’ll certainly be better off using the first method because it’s easier.
So what are you waiting for? Follow your preferred method and get iPhone emojis on your Android device. And once you’re done, share your thoughts about the used method and new emojis in the comments.