When it comes to audio drivers there’re few options that are as popular as Realtek HD Audio Manager. It comes pre-installed on a wide range of PCs, and that is because for most part of time it works very reliably. However, that doesn’t mean it’s perfect – sometimes it also becomes corrupted due to various reasons, and in all those situations your speakers stop working. That is when you would want to re-install your Realtek HD Audio manager driver. And here we’re going to tell you how to do that. Let’s get started:
Uninstalling the old driver
Before you start installing the new Realtek HD Audio Manager driver it’s important to uninstall the old one that’s not functioning properly. Given below are the steps that you can follow in order to do that:
- Search for ‘Device Manager’ in the search bar of your taskbar and hit Enter. This will launch Device Manager from your PC’s Control Panel.
- Now, in Device Manager window click on ‘Sound, video and game controllers’ section to expand it (if it’s not expanded already).
- In the expanded section right-click on ‘Realtek High Definition Audio’ and select ‘Uninstall device’.
- On next dialogue box check ‘Delete the driver software for this device’ option and hit ‘Uninstall’ button.
- Now click the ‘View’ option in top menu bar and select ‘Show hidden devices’ option.
- If any duplicate audio drivers show up in ‘Sound, video and game controllers’ section, uninstall them.
- Restart your system.
And that’s it. You’re done with uninstalling the corrupt Realtek HD Audio Manager driver. The next step is to install a fresh version of driver.
Downloading Realtek HD Audio Manager
You can download the Realtek HD Audio Manager driver from Realtek’s website. Just follow the steps given below:
- Open this link to go to the HD Audio Manager driver download page on Realtek’s official website.
- Find the right driver based on your system’s hardware and software configuration and click the Blue download button on its left hand side.
- When you click the button you’ll be asked for your email address as download link is sent to you via email. Submit your email address.
- Check your email’s inbox for the mail containing download link. You can use that link to download your desired Realtek HD Audio Manager driver.
Once you’ve downloaded the right version of Realtek HD Audio Manager for your PC it’s time to install it again. Let’s see how it’s done.
Re-Installing Realtek HD Audio Manager
Given below are three simple steps that you can follow to re-install Realtek HD Audio Manager on your PC:
- Go to the folder where you downloaded Realtek HD Audio Manager setup.
- Double-click the downloaded setup file.
- Follow the instructions provided by the setup application to complete successful re-installation of Realtek HD Audio Manager.
Once all is done, restart your computer. If your speakers start working properly, congratulations, because you’ve successfully re-installed Realtek HD Audio Manager on your PC.