Many times websites tend to take longer to load, which frustrates user, and they tend to look for another alternative. To make your website load faster, CDN (content delivery network) is essential. Therefore, to provide good user experience and faster loading websites, it is important to use a good CDN service provider.
The speed of site loading gets affected when several users are trying to access it at the same time putting pressure on a single server but using a CDN service provider will help distribute that pressure on different servers located at different locations all around the world making it easier for the users to load the website since the user will see the cached copy of the website.
Choose The Best CDN Service Provider 2022
There are several CDN service providers available out there, so it’s necessary to look at the features and specifications before deciding on the best CDN provider to get. Here we are listing some of the best CDN service providers that are out there.
This is mainly a website security company but also provide CDN services to boost up your website. They have a WordPress plugin that will monitor and scan the website for issues related to security. They have advanced technology and hardware that will boost up the speed of your website while protecting you from hackers, malware, and DDoS attacks.
- You get unlimited bandwidth with every plan and notice the increase in the loading time of your website.
- Have amazing security services in addition to being one of the best CDN service providers.
- Comes with DNS monitoring which will notify whenever your site’s name servers, IP address, or MX records change.
- Don’t offer any trial period or free plans and are considered a bit costly but to be honest the services they provide cover up the cost.
This one is quite popular for its ‘pay as you go’ plan which means customers have to pay for what they use, which is quite useful for websites that have low traffic. But with high traffic websites, the bill tends to rise accordingly. By using the CDN enabler plugin on your WordPress website, you can integrate it easily.
- The features include real-time reports, purge options, two-factor authentication, DDoS protection, Gzip compression, and a lot more.
- Customer support is available for 24×7 free of cost, so if you encounter any problem; this provider is quite reliable.
- It is user friendly and effortless to set up for your WordPress site.
- Don’t have any free plans but ‘Pay as you go’ plan is cost-effective compared to other CDN provider’s monthly plans.
Stackpath is known as the best CDN provider that is out there. The company took over MaxCDN to heighten its services a few years ago. It has an easy setup and comes with a free private Edge SSL certificate.
- Provide features like Gzip compression, intelligent caching system, 301 redirects, and monitors real-time analytics.
- Have data centers all around the world at multiple locations which speed up the loading time of your website instantly.
- The security system includes load balancing, blocking for DDoS protection, firewall, etc.
- You can use it on as many websites as you want and they offer 1 Terabyte bandwidth with their basic plan monthly. Its new security system is very impressive, and they provide a free private EdgeSSL certificate.
The fact that Cloudflare has a free plan with no bandwidth limitation makes it so popular among small business owner, blogger, and professional. It will cache your website’s resources automatically once you set it up on your WordPress site. However, you can purge or clear the cache out from your Control Panel if you wish to do so.
- Have more than 160 data centers located all around the world, which helps in increasing the speed and security of your website no matter where your website is being accessed.
- Developers have control over the workings of the services which is given to them by the REST API, and you can easily monitor the website’s performance from the control panel.
- Have data centers around the world, including New Zealand, North America, South America, Asia Pacific, Australia, etc..
- An ideal option if you are a small-time website owner, blogger, or have a small business or firm.
Google Cloud CDN
This uses Google’s global network to provide its CDN services and gives an SSL certificate free of cost to ensure the security of your website. You can even integrate it with the Google cloud platform. Its data centers are available at 90 different locations across the globe.
- The services can be used up to 12 months as they provide $300 credit for the free trial, and even after that, their plans are affordable.
- The technical support can’t be availed for free, and the configuration is a bit difficult when compared to other CDN providers.
- Also, offer ‘pay as you go’ plans making it reasonably cost-effective just like KeyCDN.
Rackspace’s primary focus is on cloud computing service by providing and managing it for the website owner. Still, the CDN services are visible too in boosting your website’s performance, eCommerce sites, and web applications. It has servers located at more than 200 locations worldwide and is built on secure cloud infrastructure to increase the speed of your website.
- Set up is a little difficult compared to the rest of the CDN providers on this list.
- You only have to pay for the services you choose building up your pricing on your own.
- Customer service and consultation are readily available to choose the best plan according to your requirements. However, their security system lacks DDoS protection.
This is one of the oldest but efficient CDN providers available in the market. There interface sleek and easy to navigate through, and you can manage each step without any hassle. You can even use its services to stream podcasts and videos seamlessly.
- The security system offers DDoS protection and malware protection, keeping you safe from hackers.
- The support team is accommodating and available at all times.
- Has a minimal and user-friendly interface resulting in smooth navigation and managing.
- It is considered expensive when you compare it to others that provide the same services at reasonable pricing.
This is considered a better option for programmers and developers as the features are very advanced. Its CDN services will speed up your website like no other since it has hundreds of server locations all around the world. You can customize the features according to your requirements, and they provide a network as well as application-level security.
- It is integrated with AWS services like Amazon S3, Elastic Load Balancing, AWS Elemental Media Services, and many more.
- Big companies like Hulu, slack, discovery, canon, next door, etc. use Amazon CloudFront for their CDN service requirements.
- Has no hidden fees or long term contracts and offer a pay as you go a reasonable plan.
- The CDN service is included if you buy an AWS support subscription.
- Highly secure content delivery system making it one of the top-ranking CDN providers.
Fastly is trusted by companies like Spotify, Reddit, The New York Times, Airbnb, etc. and is top-ranked for speed in the UK. Their service is highly configurable, which makes it so accessible for those who like a high level of flexibility. It might be a little difficult for beginners to set up, but the instant increase in loading of the website is worth the learning process.
- Extensively configurable and flexible with technical support available 24×7.
- You can purge cache within no time, and the configuration is applied across the entire site instantly.
- The security system includes preventing DDoS and bot attacks, and you can get real-time reports on website traffic.
This is an Australian based company that has three networks and around 120 server locations across the globe. If you are looking just to speed up your website, then MetaCDN is the choice for you, and it has affordable pricing plans. It lacks configuration options due to the merge among CloudFront, fastly, and edge cast into one single CDN service. Pricing comes in three categories basic, lite and pro and is reasonable looking at the features attached with them.
It’s all about the speed of loading the website with MetaCDN.
- Easy to use interface without any advanced features.
- This list includes the world’s best CDN providers that are doing their job effectively and have a strong user review presence.
- Looking at the extensive features, security, and pricing stack path might be your best option, but if you are a small business owner or a beginner, then CloudFront will be better for you.
We have mentioned above the best CDN providers to speed up your website. If you have any suggestions or questions, feel free to mention them in the comments section below.