Typically, for any web designer, creating AMP or Accelerated Mobile Pages content seems to be most challenging and probably the most controversial as well. There are several digital marketers that have raised concerns over it and a few have raised warning flags over AMP in the past. This forced the marketers and web masters to evaluate the value AMP content can really add to a site and a business.
Therefore, before you start thinking of spending time in implementing it in your web designs, make sure that it is highly important for your business. According to the web design experts, AMP in itself has a very high importance and it will increase even more in the future. In fact, to be very specific, there is lots of news published regularly on this matter and most ambitious ecommerce store owners now pay more attention to this point.
More about AMP
Before you start with it, there are a few things that you should know about AMP or Accelerated Mobile Pages content.
- Typically, if you put it into simple terms, AMP is a process in which content is served to the mobile searchers at lightning speed.
- Google caches the AMP version of a page that is separate from the original page and it serves searches and your server does not need to wait to serve up the entire page.
- As the cache servers of Google are much faster than yours the accelerated mobile pages are usually seen in its article feed and news carousel that are commonly found in the Google app.
The importance of AMP is so much now in this modern world that it has already made its mark into the ecommerce field as well.
Creation of AMP
AMP content creation is a process in which you will need to create and manage new versions of the content. At this point, you must essentially remember to consider the benefit of it to your site.
- This will help you to make sure whether or not you should actually implement it in your web design process.
- If you find that creating AMP content is not required for your site then you can focus on the general site speed.
- This will prove to be more beneficial in the process given the fact that the whole point of AMP is just to speed up your mobile browsing.
With that said, the prevalence of AMP is on the rise and very soon it will become the new web standard that will be followed by each and every website designer as well as for all websites to achieve. It is just as SSL certificates became the standard for a website, AMP will also become the standard for web designing.
The primary reason for its prominence is that it is possible to build new websites with AMP in mind right from the beginning. It is also the reason that it will become more prevalent as modern websites will evolve naturally as well.
Possibilities of AMP
Keeping the importance and prominence of AMP in mind, you should now look at the different possibilities of it, especially in the ecommerce sites and Google Ads. Though not prevalent as of now but now it is possible:
- To serve AMP content through text ads of Google
- To load AMP content on Chrome as well as on Android devices and much more.
In order to achieve this all you have to do is simply enter the AMP URL of the landing page as the mobile URL of these ads.
Apart from the news carousels, the AMP pages will also be able to replace the standard URL versions in the mobile search results. The AMP lightning bolt icon will surely add on to the speed of the site.
Therefore, there is no doubt that AMP content will soon become the fully adopted standard for all websites and web designers with follow it extensively.
When sites are created in this way will only need a server request for the product or page specific data and everything else that are required to build will be done dynamically.
- Angular just to name a few.
All of these frameworks will render content in the same way. Protagonists of this type of web designing method argue that it provides better user experience and they are very much correct about it.
The Google perspective
- This means that though it is known that Google renders JS in its crawls sometimes, it will not do it always.
- The Search Console will allow them to see how a page looks like when it is rendered by Googlebot. However, this may not happen every time your web page is crawled by Google.
A web page without JS renders a page that looks like having mostly empty HTML tags. This means Google will not be able to see the content to ascertain the topic and quality of the page including text and images. Google is working on it so that all high performance sites use JS frameworks.