For accomplishing or mastering anything that provides skill, it takes time and self-practice. Similarly, to master coding you need to devote an ample amount of time. Here are the best 10 coding apps for beginners to learn programming.
During this decade, global computer experts started claiming that coding is an essential skill because it is part of the technological revolution. The global low-code development platform incorporated a total value of $10.82 billion in the year 2020. It is expected that the coding industry will grow at a CAGR of 31.6%.
So, there are various development opportunities for current as well as future emerging computer coders. I have figured out some benefits of coding which will motivate you to learn this skill:
- Coding helps in conducting the data visualization process.
- Coding can improve your career prospects.
- Coding will offer you potential earning opportunities.
Currently, there are 23 million programmers in the world and it is forecasted that there will be 28 million programmers in the next 5 years.
List of Top 10 Best Coding Apps
If you are one who wants to learn to code. Then these 10 amazing coding apps can help you to learn programming.
[Disclaimer: I am NOT sponsored by any of the below mobile applications – I have designed the below list of applications to learn coding from my own experience].
This application teaches students about coding by utilizing quizzes. Many parts or lessons of this mobile application are free and users are required to register themselves in order to access its content.
For example, SoloLearn incorporates below teaching aspects:
- Quizzes related to coding – users can select the level of the quiz.
- Short lessons about coding and computer programming.
- Code challenges – to test the knowledge of the users.
If you are looking for an excellent coding app to polish your skills on an advanced level then it’s the perfect one.
MIMO applications encourage users to learn coding by working on real-world projects in an effective way. After using this application, I figure out that there are two main qualities of this mobile application – such as:
- Short and constructive lessons offered by MIMO will help users in maintaining their interest for a long period.
- MIMO mobile applications incorporate several languages. So, even if your native language is different from English then still you can learn coding through MIMO in your native language.
The free version of this mobile app contains ads. If you want a premium experience then you can get that in the paid version.
If your kid lies in the age group of 5 to 10 years then KODABLE mobile application is the perfect platform for you to teach them basic to complex level computer coding. This application focuses on teaching coding languages as well as coding principles from the scratch.
Although, there are in-app purchases to access the entire content. This application claims that over 50% of United States Elementary Schools trust this application. Applications like KODABLE incorporate a huge potential for growth in the pre-primary school industry.
So, below are a few areas that can be easily learned by kids through this application:
- Conditional logic statements.
- Algorithmic-based operations.
- Object-oriented based programming.
Available on iOS platform.
4. LEGO Boost
Remember your childhood days and tell me how fun it was to play with LEGO building toys. Even, today also children enjoy and learn a lot while playing LEGO games.
So, there is an iOS-based applications name “LEGO BOOST”. This application effectively allows children and users to build LEGO models by using the basic level of coding. For example, the drag-and-drop code blocks format is used in this application to teach kids about coding. And kids can program the models by making sounds and moves.
It comes with 5 different models including a robot, a Lego building machine, a guitar, a cat, and a mouse on a car. Users can easily create their own projects and designs by using this application. You can build creative models through code will going to make you feel fascinated by this application.
Apart from learning coding, Encode also helps you to learn other skills like website development, database, and data analysis.
Here, I want to clarify that even if you belong to the generation Z group (people who are born between 1997 to 2012) or from the millennials group (people who are born between 1981 to 1996) – Encode is a perfect platform for all age group people to learn coding.
6. Sphero Edu
It’s a coding platform that allows you to learn with Sphero robots. If you can try an expensive mobile application to learn coding then I suggest you opt for “Sphero Edu”. Although, the price for the app-controlled robot Sphero is $129.99 and you need to give more charges for accessing other content.
Sphero Edu provides an interactive platform that makes learning programming easy and entertaining with robotics. All age groups of people can use it and enjoy coding.
Through this app, Users can write code text, draw paths and use drag-and-drop code blocks – It has a variety of options for all levels of coding ability.
This application incorporates teaching lessons for different levels of users.
- If you are at a beginner level: you can learn basic coding structure through animated models of Sphero robots.
- If you are an intermediate coder: this application will let you use “Scratch Blocks” for learning advanced logic.
7. CodeCademy Go
It’s a mobile version of the web platform CodeCademy that helps users to learn to code. If you are a beginner and looking to learn coding with free courses then it’s a perfect choice for you.
There are five foremost benefits of learning coding through CodeCademy Go:
- Even in the basic free plan, there are interactive lessons and daily practice sessions available.
- This application is beginner friendly.
- The community formed by CodeCademy Go is actually supportive and you can ask for their help in an adverse situation.
- If you are at an intermediate or at an advanced level then you can build your own portfolio through CodeCademy Go.
- There are a wide variety of selections available in CodeCademy Go.
8. Sigma Code Wars
To use this application, you need to have a basic knowledge of coding. So, if you are a beginner and you do not have any knowledge of coding then this application is not a perfect choice for you.
Sigma Code Wars incorporate different coding challenges in real-time. You can participate in any of the coding challenges of your choice. So, if you are at an intermediate level in coding then you can take part in any coding challenge to increase your knowledge.
Available on Google Play Store.
9. Programming Hub
- Programming Hub received the “Google Editor’s Choice” award in the year 2017.
- This application also received the “Google Best App Award” in the year 2017.
- This application also incorporated the “Kyoorius Digital Award”
Even if anyone is from a non-technical background then still this application is a perfect choice. “Enki application” incorporates lessons for teaching data skills, software bundles, etc.
Enki has the most interactive interface and most of the content is freely available here. You can even create your own group or team and can know the progress of your group friends.
The final words