It is already mid-semester, which means that the session is close. And, probably, each student wonders how to pass all exams without losing nerve cells. After all, as you know, a session is always accompanied by feelings and stress. In this article, we will consider effective methods that will help to cope with emotions and successfully pass all exams and tests.
What Are the Symptoms of Session Stress? Can You Avoid Them?
Stress is the body’s response to extreme factors that sometimes arise in our lives (overstrain, negative emotions, fuss). Having some stress in real life is necessary. Indeed, without some stressful situations (competition, risk, etc.), life would become boring. In a state of anxiety, our body produces adrenaline – a hormone that is necessary for survival. But an excess of stress leads to the fact that our anxieties and fears begin to suppress us. The anxious mood can lead to a mental disorder. The state of stress has such unpleasant symptoms as:
- Decreased performance;
- Insomnia or drowsiness;
- Distracted attention;
- Physical weakness, fatigue;
- Constant tension;
- Self-pity, constant desire to cry;
- Decreased appetite or vice versa.
Symptoms of stress can constantly increase, which leads to the emergence of new diseases and the strengthening of old ones. As a rule, excitement occurs when a student is not sure of his knowledge, or evenly distributes the load. A constant state of anxiety can lead to various kinds of problems, for example, cardiovascular diseases, high blood pressure, diarrhea, excessive alcohol consumption, anxiety disorders and, finally, depression.
The Methods to Help You Cope with the Exams Anxiety
Many students try to cope with nervous tension, causing a “freebie” and resorting to signs. Such as, for example, a textbook under a pillow, a five-copeck coin in a boot, a “knot for memory”. In this article, we considered proven methods that will help to cope with stress and improve brain activity such as ordering your term papers from a professional ‘write my paper for me’ agency.
- Before the exam, you must definitely get enough sleep. As you know, it is easier to recall learned material and formulate thoughts with a “fresh” head.
- Proper nutrition should also not be neglected. But eating healthy food should not only be during the session. You can always set aside time after couples to cook yourself dinner, and not satisfy your hunger with chips, pies, cookies, and sweets. You need to eat more dried fruits and vegetables, you can not refuse from dark chocolate. It would also be nice to refuse or minimize the use of tea and coffee.
- Make cheat sheets. It is not necessary to use them. It’s just that you will be calmer on the exam. You will also have a mini-manual for repeating the material.
- Always tune in to the best. An optimistic approach to life did not bother anyone. And there is such a theory that words and thoughts are material. Always prepare for exams in advance. There is little chance of learning the material that you went through for a whole semester in one night.
- Do not cram, but try to understand the material. Indeed, in a stressful situation, it is easier to answer a question, the answer to which is clear, and not jagged. Take breaks. No need to try to learn all the material in one gulp. You need to take short breaks of 10-15 minutes to relax, give yourself a break and tune in to the study of other material.
- Find professionals to help you. Remember, that you don’t have to go through this hard period alone. Find a service to help you prepare essays and term papers to be able to focus on tasks that are more important.
- Also, relaxation, for example, deep breathing, a warm bath, listening to calm music, will help to cope with stress.
- Exercise regularly, preferably in the fresh air.
- Drink vitamins and sedatives to support the body from the inside during stressful situations.
Using all these tips, you can reduce stress to light excitement on the day of the exam, and you will also feel much better. The main thing to remember is that if you are very nervous, you won’t help.