Xfinity is the trading name of one of the best internet, wireless, telephone, and cable TV service providers known as Comcast Cable Communications. The company offers a wide variety of remote models for various television sets. Even after serving the best services to their users, still, some of its users face Xfinity remote not-working issues. It is a serious concern as, without a proper functional remote control, no one can monitor their own TV set.
Moreover, if you are trying to fix Xfinity remote not working issues, then the next section of the article will give you some prominent solutions for your concern. Before that, let us have a glance at the possible reasons that result in the non-working of the Xfinity remote.
What are the reasons that become hurdles in the smooth performance of the remote?
Following are the most significant causes that you may face while using various Xfinity models for your device:
- Application or Device Problem: Often, the device and application have connectivity issues, and the user needs to reset the device. However, many of the times it happens, the Xfinity remote will not work correctly.
- Dead Battery: Batteries can be one of the ordinary but significant reasons. The Xfinity remote will stop functioning if the batteries are dead.
- Remote Program: When you get the new Xfinity remote model, the remote program must be configured with the television setup box. It is an essential factor to set up communication between two devices.
- Physically damaged: The broken body of the Xfinity remote can be one of the significant reasons for the non-working issues list.
However, if you are sure that there is no problem with the hardware and batteries of the Xfinity remote model, then the following solution will assist you in fixing up non-working issues of the remote.
What are the ways to fix the non-working issues of Xfinity remote?
Troubleshoot the issues and chat for the assistance
If you own an Xfinity remote, but you face any issue with the remote buttons when you press them, the following troubleshooting steps can help you find the reason.
- Firstly, press buttons of the remote:
- You need to change the batteries if the LED light does not flash and try again.
- However, if you observe that the LED light flashes red five times, it’s an indication that you need to change the batteries as they are low.
- If you are still facing issues with the buttons, then chat with the company executives for assistance.
Resetting and configuring the remote
When you get your remote and try to use it for the first time, you have to configure the new Xfinity remote model. Even after proper programming, if it is unexpectedly stopped running, you have to reset the remote. This is also a fix for remote access software. In this section, we will get the steps to fix the various models of the Xfinity remote. Let us have a look at the process:
For XR 15 remote
- Press and hold the buttons i+Xfinity till the time a code does not appear on the TV screen.
- Now enter that code by using your remote and wait for the verification step by the TV.
- Afterward, press the OK key, and select YES.
- After the above step, the TV will show some steps for the buttons and codes that have to be followed.
- Then press keys like volume keys, and check whether the remote buttons are working or not.
- At last, press the OK button, followed by selecting “all set.”
However, your remote is already programmed with the TV, and then you need to follow the following steps to reset the remote model:
- Press and hold A+D buttons together.
- When the remote flashes green light, then press keys 9-8-1.
- And, at last, program it with the device.
For the XR 11 Remote:
- You are required to press the “Setup” key and hold it until the red light turns green.
- After that, press key combination 9-8-1, or even in some models, it is 9-9-1.
- And, if you observe that the still the same issue is coming, then perform the following steps:
- You need to press and hold the “Setup” key until the remote LED lights turn green from red.
- Now, press the help button named “A.”
Reset of the Xfinity Box
Even after the remote’s resetting, you face the connectivity issues of the remote and device, and then it may be possible that the issue is with the Xfinity Set up box. For resolving such problems, you need to reset the Xfinity box by following the below-mentioned steps.
- Press the reset button and hold it for about five seconds.
- Instead of performing the above step, you can access the “Xfinity My Account” application and reset your Xfinity setup box from that app. While doing so, ensure that you must select the long reset option instead of the short reset.
Without using the Xfinity remote model, you cannot experience the best services provided by Xfinity. However, sometimes, the remote may lack performance due to some unexpected issues. And, due to these issues, you may face trouble in watching your favorite shows or movies.
But, to fix Xfinity remote not-working issues, you can try the solutions mentioned above. These solutions are quick to implement and prove themselves the successful resolution for all the issues related to Xfinity remote.
Hope it helps. Thanks for reading!